East Village, Development of the Year!
Recently, East Village was awarded Development of the Year by the Urban Taskforce Development Excellence Awards.
This was a $17 million mechanical project at East Village, Victoria Park and took almost 2½ years to complete, from the design stage to final installation and commissioning.
The project included the following over two full levels of Retail and Car Parking areas:
- Mechanical carpark ventilation
- Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning to the ground floor dedicated to retail stores and a Coles Supermarket
- Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning to the Medical Centre on the Mezzanine Floor
- Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning to a large restaurant on the Third Floor
- Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning to the Audi Car Showroom/Offices and Workshop on the 3rd and 4th Floor
- Heat, Ventilation and Air Conditioning to the 4th and 5th Floor including a Virgin Active Gymnasium, a Childcare Centre, and the Tri-Generation/Central Plantroom
The four buildings of Residential Towers start on the 6th Floor Podium and continue to the 10th Floor. All Apartments include a Daikin Multi-Split System, Local Ventilation for the Kitchen and Laundries, Garbage Chute and Lobby Areas. The Main Commercial Areas uses Chilled and Hot Water Fan Coil Units and Air Handling Units.
As with all projects designed and installed by J&J Metro Air Conditioning, this project was completed in compliance with AS1668.2 and the BCA Section J. It also achieved the Green Star Ratings due to the sustainable design implemented by J&J Metro Air Conditioning.